Fondaco dei Turchi

Fondaco dei Turchi was first constructed in 1225 by Giacomo Palmieri and is considered one of the oldest buildings in Venice. The Venetian government took over this palace in 1831 and used it for the Duke of Ferrara, Nicholas II. The space was used for political purposes and then was turned into an Ottoman warehouse in 1621. After a period of disarray, it was resotred in 1858 by Camillo Boito. This information comes from This photo is from Wikimedia Commons and is free to share.

Associated Place(s)

Event date: