Palladian Basilica

The Palladian Basilica started renovation in 1549 and was fully completed in 1614. Palladio designed the major renovations, however, died before the project was completed. It was intended to be used as a public space for the people. The upper floor is one giant room, with no columns supporting the weight of the roof. During construction, part of the famous two-story loggias, or porches, collapsed, thus Palladio was hired to fix the engineering issues of the building. It is located in the Piazza dei Signori. This information is from The picture is from Wikimedia Commons and is free to share.

Associated Place(s)

Event date:

1549 to 1614