Cape Colony

The Cape Colony (also known as the Cape of Good Hope) was a British colony in present-day South Africa. The Dutch East India Company first established a colony here in 1652 but lost the colony to Great Britain in 1795. The colony was returned to the Dutch after the 1802 Peace of Amiens. It was re-occupied by the UK following the Battle of Blaauwberg in 1806, and British possession affirmed with the Anglo-Dutch Treaty of 1814.

Parent Map

Coordinates

Latitude: -34.340506816672
Longitude: 19.859161376953