Leeds Infirmary

The Leeds Infirmary first opened in 1771 by graduates from the University of Edinburgh Medical School. It was originally located off of City Square in Leeds but in 1863 moved to Great George Street. The designers adopted Florence Nightingale’s pavilion plan for the Infirmary. The building was extended in 1891–92, and new wings opened in 1940, the 1960s, and 1984.


Latitude: 53.802911400000
Longitude: -1.551571000000