London School of Medicine for Women

The London School of Medicine for Women was founded in 1874 by pioneering female physicians including Sophia Jex-Black and Elizabeth Garrett Anderson. It occupied a building on Hunter Street in Camden, north London. From 1877, students were able to pursue their clinical trainingĀ at the Royal Free Hospital in Hampstead, north London. In 1896, the school, now part of the University of London, was renamed the London Royal Free Hospital School of Medicine for Women. In 1998 it became part of the University College London Medical School.


Latitude: 51.525533954662
Longitude: -0.123635083437