Sheffield Royal Infirmary

The Sheffield Royal Infirmary opened in 1792 as the Sheffield General Infirmary. A new wing added in 1884 accommodated outpatients, and a nurses’ home was added in 1897, the same year the hospital was renamed. The hospital closed in 1980 after all services were transferred to the Royal Hallamshire Hospital. The parts of it were demolished, the original block is a Grade II listed building and was renamed Heritage House. 


Latitude: 53.389773204662
Longitude: -1.483336687088