St. George the Martyr Workhouse

Dating from 1729, a workhouse in the parish or St. George the Martyr was located on Mint Street. The parish was designated a Poor Law Parish in 1835. Despite appalling conditions, the site at Mint Street was in use until 1920. The building has since been demolished. 

Image: "Mint Street" by It's No Game is licensed under CC BY 2.0


Latitude: 51.502022000000
Longitude: -0.095999300000