St. George's Museum

St. George’s Museum was founded in 1875 by John Ruskin in Sheffield. It boasted artwork, minerals, manuscripts, casts of sculptures, and books, and it was meant to be accessible to the common person. In 1890, it was relocated to Meersbrook Park until 1950. It returned to Sheffield in 1981. The museum is associated with the Guild of St. George, a charitable Education Trust upholding Ruskin’s values and practices. The collection moved to Sheffield's Millennium Gallery in 2001.

Image: Meersbrook House


Latitude: 53.379502000000
Longitude: -1.466765000000