St. John's House

St. John’s House was founded in 1848 as a training institution for nurses, aiming to provide moral and religious instruction as well as medical knowledge. It opened at 36 Fitzroy Square, St. Pancras but moved in 1852 to 5 Queen Square, Westminster and in 1859 to 6, 7, and 8 Norfolk Street. It moved again 1907 to 12 Queen’s Square. In 1854, six nurses from St. John’s House accompanied Florence Nightingale to Crimea. The Institution was eventually given to St. Thomas’s Hospital in the twentieth century.


Latitude: 51.521606662109
Longitude: -0.139395594306